Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Today's results

Forgot to mention today's results.

I had an indoor run on treadmill. Nothing fancy, just two miles. I've been trying to increase my pace a little so even though I do longer runs at 6 mph I've been essaying my shorter ones at 6.5 or even more if I feel I can do it. I did the first mile at 6.5, dropped to 6 for .2, got back up for .5, and did the last .3 at 6 mph. I finished in just about 19 minutes, which is quite good for me!

I think I'll try Friday's 1-mile at 7.0 if I can manage it. Then again maybe I shouldn't... I do need some recovery time and I'm sandwiching it in between sprint intervals and a long run. I guess I'll just do a nice quickie.

Today I also did some yoga from the "Beginner's" DVD, and where I'd found the "general" poses quite simple and easy to follow today I did a full workout that's on the DVD as a special feature. HI I CAN'T FOLLOW YOU LADY. Nothing to make you FEEL like a beginner quite like watching your instructor pull her foot down over her head while you struggle to get it as close to your body as possible: and that is perpendicular to the floor. Oh well. At least I can do forward bends. Backbends? Another story again. :P

And, last but not least, I vowed yet again to put some real effort into committing to stomach crunches and push-ups, because I suck and I just don't do them regularly. Confessing here whether I've done them or not will help, I'm sure.

Today I did 20 crunches, rested, then did another 20. Then I did 20 bicycle ab crunches (20 as in ten on each side), rested, and did another 20. So that's my starting point, 40 of each, but I'm terribly inconsistent with crunches because I always change what moves I want to do.

In terms of push-ups I did 13, rested, did 10, rested, then did 6 before dropping to the modified position and doing another 6. So 29 full push-ups, and 35 total (including girly-style), that's my starting point. I do try to do sets of three and I can see I'm getting better for doing that. Even though I'm inconsistent a little while ago a total of 25, including girly-style, was a strain.

I really need a workout for strength training! The problem is that I hate following anything that isn't on TV because it's static, boring, and I know I'm not doing it right. We'll see what Netflix brings in the future!

3 comments:

SueWho said...

are you doing the 100 push up challenge? Because if you are not, you should be! Even I am doing it.

zebeckras said...

I guess I could try it... I dont' know anything about except that I saw a link on the virtual runners' club page. But I didn't click on it. But hey, if you're doing it I might as well...

EmLit said...

I am doing it too. It is sort of amazing because it actually works. So far, anyway. On my first day I did 30 push ups and yesterday (my second day) I did 37. That is sort of crazy. They are not done consecutively or anything, but that is still way more than I have done. Ever.