Friday, July 11, 2008

Not Conducive

I can't spell today either. :P

Today my boss is out of the office and I'm in charge, and naturally that means that the complicated phone calls have been coming in. So I've decided to forgo my workout for today, since I still plan on going outside for a long walk in a little while (yay long walks! and it's nice out today!) and since today is kind of one of my "rest" days anyway. It does mean I won't be doing the Yoga For Beginners DVD one last time before sending it back, but no big loss. I didn't really REALLY feel like I was getting that much out of it. To be honest I really want to work on flexibility in my back, and this DVD doesn't really cover that - mostly it's standing poses and sitting poses. I can do Proud Warrior/Warrior 2 pretty well by now I guess, and I'm glad to have a few standing poses to open up my hips - I REALLY need that! But I want to be able to bend over backwards in a circle. That's sexy.

So I'm forgoing my 1-mile run today, which was mostly just a way to pump up mileage for the week, and I can make tomorrow's run a 4.0 total instead of 3.5 or something. And I won't have yoga or elliptical, but one day a week is okay.

Figures that the office is having a baby shower today so there will be cake. WAY TO COMPROMISE. :P

4 comments:

EmLit said...

Ooh, ooh! Maybe I could show you some more poses to open up your back and your hips! Pretty please?

zebeckras said...

Sure! I'm always up for learning yoga. I like classes and videos and things because I get a structured opportunity to practice them over and over and in a set, but it's good just to know them.

SueWho said...

wow - today must be the day for phone calls. I have them coming out of the woodwork at my office! Maybe there's a full moon?

Binx said...

i hate work just because there's always food there to tempt you, like greasy crostini that were just baked that morning, or broken vegan cookies. grrr!