Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jelly Legs one day = Achy Legs the next

Oooooh. If I didn't have some minor background in strength training on my legs I'd be feeling those wall squats even more. :P

Not a whole lot of news today. I did my long run outside; I made it a tiny bit farther than I did last time before stopping, maybe an extra .025 mile. It's still progress! If I can do the same next week I'll be that much further along!

Other than that, pretty much the same as ever. Ran outdoors, made it about 2.725 before stopping; walked for a minute to catch up and then did the remaining amount, probably approximately .2 miles, then stopped and walked for about three-quarters of a mile or so.

Apparently Thyme Square in downtown Bethesda is closed and has been replaced by a Comedy Club! When did this happen? How did I fail to notice it since I pass by it every Tuesday? I have blinders on, I swear.

I picked up the running again after perhaps fifteen-twenty minutes, started at the tunnel just before the half-mile sign (I think it's maybe a quarter mile before the sign; the tunnel is a good run) and once I passed the half-mile sign I alternated with some sprints until the next sign. Then I walked again for about two minutes and finally ran the remainder of the half-mile to complete five miles. I estimate that about 4.1 of them were run. :) I think my total time was around 57 minutes including the walking; it's hard to tell, because there were times when I was just standing waiting for a light to change so I could cross the street, and I didn't have a clock the entire time, only at the beginning and end.

I'm going to do my best to get out again on another little walk this afternoon, but it might not happen; at least I got to go outside once already. ^_^ No pushups etc today, I need to recover from yesterday :P Lazy and out of shape muscles that's me!

2 comments:

SueWho said...

i love reading your posts (and other written material for that matter) - you have such a way with words, it really helps with the visualizing. By the way, you should have asked me about Thyme Square - I could have told you, and also about the Comedy Club. The guy who runs it has made nice with us and his thing is that he does "clean, wholesome comedy." Sounds boring to me (somewhat, anyway - at least as a die hard fan of George Carlin). And he's a former engineer (the geek type, not railroad type). He gave up being an engineer because he had to give a lot of speeches and was too nervous to do public speaking so he became a stand-up comedian instead. Go figure!

zebeckras said...

But I didn't know to ask you about Thyme Square! I only noticed today, just this morning on my run, and I was like "...Heyyyyy." I should look into it though, maybe they're funny. That would be nice. I could take the family there! I mean they're close by, after all. Does he have a website? If he's an engineer, he oughta... I'd be more impressed though if he WERE a railroad engineer. He could tell Dorothy all about trains! Why'd Thyme Square go, not pullin' in the money? Go figure, not as if they weren't expensive as freakin' HECK, after all. :P