Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boring?

Well, I know I haven't updated here since Thursday; it's mostly because i don't have all that much to say that is news and I think I'm getting a little repetitive and boring. :P

But I'll sum up from my weekend!

Friday I didn't do anything interesting, just another 1-mile run and then elliptical. I *did* try to start the workout, like an idiot, with some yoga while I was not warmed up - I only did it because Wai Lana was on public access when I first got there! I was fine when she was doing neck stretches and forward bends. All was well then. But then she gets down and goes into Plow pose and I'm like "My feet are supposed to go WHERE?!" To my credit, I tried it. I got them over my head and even onto the ground. And then I listened to my body, and my body told me "NO WAY, you FOOL!" and my feet came right back up. ;D I was able to more or less do the Shoulder Stand in between returns to Plow... but my back did not like. I'm probably lucky I didn't tear something. ^_^;;

Anyway, I did also do pushups, no crunches though. I forget the break down but nobody really cares anyway; my total was, I believe, either 43 or 44.

Saturday I did a long run in the afternoon, since earlier in the day Dorothy had a friend over (hee!) and when she went down for a nap so did I. It was 4 pm before I got out to the gym. I did another 4-mile run, this time going up to 3.6 miles before walking for three minutes and finishing out another .4 miles at 7 mph. When I returned I was DRENCHED I can tell that; I was literally wringing out my shirt in the bathtub.

Sunday I decided to try some cross-training on all the cardio equipment in the gym. I did another 1-mile run on the treadmill - I forget but I think I worked some sprints in, I *think* it was .8 miles at 6.0 and then the final .2 at 8mph. Then I did ten minutes on the step machine, and I take back what I've said about ellipticals; TRUE evil wears the face of the step machine. :P Going ten minutes on that is a triumph! Then ten minutes on the elliptical and ten on the exercise bike. Since I knew I wouldn't be getting in a workout on Monday (staying home to watch the kid don'tcha know), I tacked on another ten minutes on the treadmill with the elevation up high, though I just walked.

And like I said, no workout yesterday, though the day was full of walking and I have the sunburn to prove it. ...Yes, I know that sunburn proves nothing. Shut up. I also would have done reasonably well in terms of eating habits if I hadn't pigged out on tortilla chips at lunch. Boy! I did do okay mostly on the weekend though. Not "diet" okay but I didn't overdo anything at all. :)

So that's my weekend roundup! In a few minutes maybe I can come back and post about today.

2 comments:

EmLit said...

Plow pose is a tough one! I always feel fine in shoulder stand but not so great in plow. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess. Since both poses do put a lot of pressure and strain on the neck, though, just be really careful with them and make sure not to push too far.

As for the stairclimber, it's one of the best machines you can use to crosstrain for running because of how well it works your glutes and calves!

zebeckras said...

I actually knew just from looking at plow that I would LOVE to be able to do it. But it hurt. I think if I had been warmed up a little better I could have done it for a little bit longer, but I have some more flexibilatin' to do before I can actually HOLD it. I could have gotten into it if I'd been warmer, though, even if only for a split second. I need more core strength before I can effectively maintain shoulder stand, but at least I could do it :)

The best part was when Wai Lana went on to bring her knees to either side of her head and just sit there like that. Uh-HUH. I'm not going to be accomplishing THAT one any time soon. Have you ever seen her show? It's so trippy, it's HILARIOUS.

The stairclimber may be great for your legs but it's still evil on a stick as far as I'm concerned! ;)