Monday, July 14, 2008

Long Live the 80s!

Man, I keep forgetting how SILLY Jane Fonda's workouts are. :P I always fail to finish a workout and that is in part because of how quick-paced they are - I don't have problems getting out of breath but I do lack the coordination to keep up with them so I usually just end up hopping and looking kind of disgusted with them - and also the routines are just so... weird! 60s Dances, Irish Jigs, WTH???

She does do a strength training workout before and after the aerobics though - specifically, upper body before and lower body afterwards. You're supposed to do one each day and the aerobics in between on both days. Meh. I find her lower body routine uninspiring (unfortunately I feel that way about most lower body routines) so I usually ignore the second half of hte tape, around when I lose interest in the aerobics. Instead, afterwards I did a few moderate lower body moves on my own, not a whole lot but they made my legs ache so I think it's enough. Just about two minutes worth of wall-squats - you know, where you "sit" against the wall and let your thighs screma at you in agony? That one. :P I did a minute, then stood, then 45 seconds, then stood, then about 40 seconds before I nearly fell down. Then I did some lunges and now I have jelly legs.

I forgot I was going to try the 100 pushups challenge today so I didn't check it in advance, and thus had no idea what I was supposed to do if I tried it. That's okay though because I wore myself out doing lateral raises and bicep curls and so on. I did do pushups but only like 16. But after doing the weight stuff it felt pretty hard. :P

So to compensate and make me feel better about myself, instead I did some extra crunches. This is actually pretty meaningless but at least I feel like I did something. ;) Two sets of 25 regular, then two sets of 25 bicycle abs! (meaning in all, not per leg) So in a way I did 100 crunches today. ^_^ I think it's really more like 75 but that's still impressive! I wish I could say I am definitely doing the bike abs right. I feel it but I might be cheating and doing it just halfway, because I don't feel it THAT much. Well, I'm trying anyway.

I finished by doing a few yoga poses that I remembered, mainly a couple of seated poses and then Triangle pose and Proud Warrior. Just enough to open the hips. So I suppose today wasn't a loss, and I'm still going out for a walk, but man I want my Minna Lessig video back. >:P Those moves were so easy to follow and it never felt like I was actually doing 20 minutes worth of lower body work.

Tomorrow's my long run day! I always hate the days when I don't run because I don't really know what to do. Blah. Then again this means tomorrow I have to go outside and sweat and possibly vomit. Why am I so pessimistic? I LOVE running outside. Well, that's enough out of me. ^_^

1 comment:

SueWho said...

I love reading your posts - they always make me laugh out loud! Well, parts of them anyway, the parts that are supposed to make one laugh out loud. Anyway, keep up the good work baby - yuh doing great!