Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Progress is being made

So I did go outside today, since it was lovely again. Still not my greatest run ever but I'm back to about where I had been before, which is good. I made it probably about 2.6 miles before I stopped, walked slowly for 30 seconds, then ran a little bit more, walked another 30 seconds, and finished the third mile. So I don't know exactly how much I walked - at that pace, within a minute, maybe as little as .05 mile.

Beyond that, I had set a goal to try to run a total of 4.5 miles, but that's kinda hard. ;) I did the 3 miles and then kind of estimated beyond that; what I tried to do was walk for a quarter mile, then run a quarter, etc, for a mile (totaling .5 miles run), then run the final mile. But then I was tired so I made my goal 4 miles total instead, and just stopped with a half mile left to walk. Towards the end I did end up running the last quarter mile, so my total running mileage was 4.25 (approximately) in about 42:30 minutes; the total mileage as usual was 5.0, in about 53 minutes (not including a couple of necessary stops to cross streets).

So, that's progress! I'll still be happier, though, when I can do that stupid route without stopping before 3 miles. ^_^

I haven't made up my mind yet whether I'm going to do the 10K program tomorrow or just do the Minna Lessig DVD I (finally) got in the mail yesterday. :P

No comments: