Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dude, there is no way I can do infinity push-ups!

I didn't do the push-ups today; I'm going to do Week 2, Day 1 tomorrow. Then I'll do Day 2 next Monday, and finish Wednesday or Thursday, and do the second exhaustion test a couple of days afterwards, with some more recovery time to start Week 3 by the subsequent Monday. Is that a plan? it sounds like a plan! :D

I found out that I'll probably be able to get a run in on Saturday morning, too; the bride-to-be thinks it'll be a great way to relax and wants to go with me! Fantastic! (She actually ran a half-marathon the summer before we met, as freshmen in college; she wants to get back into running now so of course I'm all "YEAH you do!")

Aaaand, as for today, I had to put off my workout until later in the afternoon b/c I needed to run an errand for my grandmother, who is staying in rehab/nursing care right around the corner from my office (I could walk, literally; I pass by it on my way to/from work) and this turned into lunch, as well. Which I kind of knew it would. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find anything that was within the calorie range I wanted at a place that would satisfy her, but when I went to Safeway I found some nice LARGE pre-made salads with a really good nutritional count that showed both with and without dressing. You do have to read carefully - the container was approximately three servings - but I ate 2/3 at lunch with only a little dressing and then finished it off as a snack post-workout. Yum. :) (I also had an Entemann's multi-grain chocolate chip snack bar; I am NOT that good, *G*)

Anyway, I did a run with elevation today: a mile on 2%, then 1/2 on 1%, then 1/2 with no elevation. After this I did about 20 minutes of the Winsor Pilates "advanced" DVD and found it much easier and more enjoyable this time, though I suspect I'll like it more when I am not extremely slippery from sweat. :P It's not to say I'm holding perfect form but I am able to do most of the exercises without modificatin, which is something! So my plan now for Monday is to just do the whole workout (with a very quick little warm-up beforehand), which is about 50 minutes long, and see how I feel.

And that's about it! Tomorrow is sprints day. Boy oh boy. :P

2 comments:

SueWho said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just from reading all that! Did you ever get foot pain from lacing your running shoes too tightly?

EmLit said...

I'm glad the Pilates DVDs seem to be working out for you!